In this episode of the #BehindTheCurtain Series, James & Logan talk about how you can recreate the benefits of an open office environment when working remotely via Zoom (or another conference call tool).
We talk about 3 specific benefits:
1) Reducing feelings of isolation among your team members
2) Allowing leadership to be more connected to your team (and vice versa)
3) Allowing the cross-pollination of ideas that wouldn't happen with only scheduled calls with a specific agenda (hat tip to Ethan Beute on this one)
Some things to keep in mind:
1) Limit the time you use this strategy (not all 40 hours of the work week)
2) You'll have to think about productivity differently
3) Don't schedule really "deep work" during these times.
If you like this episode, you'll probably also love:
Sweet Fish is hiring! Click here to learn more.
Want to get your copy of James' book, Content-Based Networking?
It's available on Amazon now: http://bit.ly/content-basednetworking
If you want it in audiobook format, just search Content-Based Networking or James Carbary on Audible.